Thought this info might be helpful to people living in the area. From City of Chicago website – Earned income tax credit:
Owe less tax and get cash back from the IRS through the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Even if you don’t owe income tax, you can get the credit and cash!
• Does your family earn up to $40,463 with one child? You may get $3,043.
• Does your family earn up to $45,295 with two children? You may get up to $5,028 back.
• Does your family earn up to $48,279 with three or more children? You may get up
to $5,657 back.
• Are you at least age 25 and under age 65, without children, and earning up to $18,440?
You may get up to $457 back.
• Investment income cannot be more than $3,100 for the year.
Find out more at the City of Chicago website: www.cityofchicago.org/CTAC